Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mommy's "CRAPPY" Day

Yesterday I hired a babysitter to watch Chad and Grace whiles I spent a few hours with my friends. When I returned I opened the door and immediately my nostrils were pierced with this overwhelming stench. I found Graces room torn apart and the babysitter wiping down Gracies room with Clorox wipes. During her nap Grace had decided to change her own poopy diaper. She had smeared poop all over herself, in her hair, all over the walls,on her bed,on her dresserd and all over the carpet. I spent the next 45 mins. along with the babysitter sanatizing Grace's bedroom. My babysitter gave Grace a bath and washed the nasty poop from her hair. We lit candles and opened the window trying to get the horrible stink smell out of Grace's room.

I then walked by Chad's room and smelled an overwhelming odor again. As I entered hos bedroom I saw in his laundry hamper a pair of shorts covered ib poop too. He had an accident too, So he tried to hide it, by throwing his poopy shorts in the hamper and cleverly he threw his stinky underwear in the garbage. Althought he tried to hide his crime the smell led me right to the evidence.

Later that evening after I got Grace all cleaned up she had another huge nasty, blow-out diaper so I gave her a bath again. I finally had a chance to sit for a few minutes before the doorbell rang and it was a gal in my ward whoses kids I had offered to babysit last night. The kids were all busy playing games, and as Grace was sitting on my lap I suddenly felt something warm on my pant leg, Grace had again had a nasty, poopy,blow out diaper... So I gave her a bath for the 4th time that night. As I was in the bathroom scrubbing Grace's hair with shampoo, I tried baby shampoo,adult shampoo, liquid hand soap, and lemon juice scrubbing her hair multiple times to get the rotten stinky smell out of her hair. Then the little boy I was babysitting came in and announced "Uh Oh...I pooped my pants." So I rinsed Grace's hair and pulled Grace out of the tub, then quickly put him in and tried to get his mess all cleaned up.
I was so sick and tired of cleaning up poop I called Roy to talk and release my stress and frustration. I grumbled and complained about having to clean up discusting poop all day. I hate poop messes!!

That night when I called to check on Hannah her nurse happily reported "Hannah had pooped all on her own " HOORAY !!!* Hannah's GI system has not been working and She had not pooped since the day she was born (6weeks ago) So Hannah being able to poop is a huge step in the right direction and could possibly mean her GI motility is improving!! I have never been so Happy about poop in my life, and really I should be grateful My kids can poop- No matter how discusting it is. It's funny how life has a way of putting things into perspective!! I have learned to never complain when my kids poop their pants.God must have a sense of humor and he is forcing me to develop a better sense of humor too!

3 comments:

Nate and Lana Hope said...

You are tooo funny! That sure is a crappy day! Your new perspective is in the right place! Although, the complaining is WELL deserved! YUCK! :) Sooooo glad Hannah pooped! Yeah! :)

Jessi Fogg said...

So glad to hear someone elses kid likes to paint their crib in poop. Evan just did it again today when he woke up from his nap. Me and Carlye always say playdough is the smell of childhood. I decided that poop is the smell of motherhood.

Unknown said...

Melinda-
You have such a wqonderful outlook on life. I love reading your blog because you can always brighten my day. I miss you so much. I miss being able to just chat with you. Lily was begging me today to go and visit her Chaddy. Hopefully we can make there sometime soon.