
We celebrated Chad's 5th birthday. He had special day with mom and a special day with dad. On his special day with mom I told him we could go out to lunch anywhere he wanted. He of course picked McDonalds-Yuck! So I sucked it up and ordered a Happy meal too. Chad ate about 2 bites and decided he was full. Next we drove the 20 mins downtown so he could ride the paddle boats by the time we got clear downtown he changed his mind and decided he did not want to ride the paddle boats. So then we went to Toys 'R" Us where he picked out a birthday gift. We joined their birthday club.(because they give you a $5 off coupon unfortunately you do not get it that day it has to arrive in the mail so my attempt to save a little money did not work)
He got a balloon and a birthday crown, then they announced over the loud speaker his name and sang on the speaker Happy Birthday to him. He felt pretty important and was grinning from ear to ear. Once we got back in the car and were heading home he said " Mom, next year you can just buy me a birthday present and wrap it up so I don't know what it is okay?" So Mom struck out on the birthday activities.
On his day with dad he went bowling. We told him he could invite one friend to come too. So he chose his best buddy Zac. Chad had a great time at the bowling ally he was the only one to score a strike. He was pretty proud of himself!
I baked him a sponge Bob cake with blue frosting. I added coconut and dyed it blue to look like water but Chad and Zac told me it just looked wierd.- Oh well, I tried. I realized I am NOT Martha Stewart.




1 comment:
I tried to have a girls day out with Hazel and it kind of went the same way. She decided on McDonalds for lunch too. I always feel so gross after eating there. I wanted to take Hazel to get new school clothes and shoes and get a hair cut. She refused to get her hair cut, ended up throwing the shoes she picked out because I wouldn't get her the same shoes but in a huge size and she threw a tantrum while looking at clothes. I think your cake looked cute.
Post a Comment