Sunday, December 6, 2009

"Lehi-mas"

Tonight we were reading the scriptures and reading the Christmas story we got toLuke 1:30-31 the part where the angel Gabriel appears to Mary and tells her, she will be giving birth to the son of God, and telling her His name is to be Jesus. So I read " And, behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son and shalt call his name..... the verse and paused I asked Chad "What do you think that special baby's name was going to be?" He looked at me with big blue eyes and a huge grin spread along his face and he eagerly shouted...."Lehi"

Roy and I had to just laugh....and then we explained at Christmas time we celebrate Jesus Christs birth this baby is Jesus, not Lehi. Chad then sheepishly looked up and said "oh yeah- I knew that." I guess I should be grateful he was picking up something this past year from our family study of the Book of Mormon.

No comments: